This District Department of Transportation (DDOT) began this project with the Rehabilitation of the Howard Theatre Area, N.W. This next phase will include resurfacing and streetscape work on 7th Street from N Street to Florida Avenue excluding the T Street intersection.
The objective of this project is to increase multi-modal (pedestrian, bicyclist and motorist) safety and to improve the corridor’s appearance and function with new streetscape and ADA compliant sidewalks. This project supports DDOT’smoveDC plan and the Mayor’s Vision Zero Initiative to make the District safer, more livable, sustainable and attractive.
- Improve the corridor with new streetscape, uniform and ADA compliant sidewalks
- Improve drainage with upgraded catch basins
- Improve traffic safety with new traffic signals
- Upgrade corridor appearance with improved lighting
- Improve pedestrian safety
Milling and resurfacing of existing asphalt pavement
Replacement of existing granite curbs
Repair and or replacement of existing concrete/brick gutters
Replacement of existing sidewalks
ADA improvements and enhancements
Replace existing single catch basins with standard double catch basins
Upgrade traffic signals and streetlights
Centralized parking meters